Friday, May 10, 2013

Braveheart Quotes

Last night I watched Mel Gibson's Braveheart... again. Decided to chuck up some great quotes from the movie. Enjoy! (I know it's apparently not historically accurate so this is not a political statement, just a reflection on an awesome film) If you haven't seen it, get involved! Although I should say also that I've realised my tolerance for gore has been significantly reduced over the last few years and I definitely spent a lot of time looking away from the screen! Be warned!

Malcolm Wallace (William's father)
As a child, William wants to go with his dad to fight some bad guys and his dad pats him on the head and replies:
     "I know you can fight, but it's our wits that make us men."

Later in a dream William's father says to him:
     "Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it."

William Wallace (The Legend)
While the greedy and selfish nobles of the Scottish clans are arguing amongst themselves about who should be the king, William turns to leave and they ask him where he is going and he replies:
     "There's the difference between us. You think that the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."

In challenging one of the prominent nobles to be brave and lead the people Wallace says:
     "Men don't follow titles, they follow courage."

I won't ruin this bit for you but at some point Wallace assures someone that:
     Every man dies. Not every man really lives.


There are tons of other quotes that just won't make sense out of context. Go watch it! Unless you're under 15...

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment