Sunday, December 11, 2011

Poem: A Request from the Young Men of the Nation



A Request from the Young Men of the Nation


Show me a man who can carry the weight of the world on his shoulders but knows when to lay it down.
Show me a man who can walk with confidence without falling prey to pride.
Show me a man who knows how to be humble before both God and men.
Show me a man whose possessions don't possess him but instead are collected for the good of others.
Show me a man who fights for justice while surrendering to love.
Show me a man who has mastery over his emotions but does not deny them.
Show me a man who kisses his children and tells them he loves them.
Show me a man who can wear his heart on his sleeve without a designer label.
Show me a man who always has an answer but doesn't have to say it.
Show me a man who encourages his friends without patronizing them.
Show me a man who can keep his faith in the darkness based on what he saw in the light.
Show me a man whose life isn't as precious to him as the next man's.
Show me a man who values peace over victory.
Show me a man who respects before it is earned.
Show me a man who forgives before it is asked of him.
Show me a man whose romance is not limited to February 14th.


Show me such a man, find him if you can so I can grow up to be just like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment